Other Injection & Infusion
Discofix Three-Way Faucet
Discofix Three-Way Faucet from BBraun
Three-way faucets are an indispensable part of complex infusion regimens, and play a special part in the application of medications: advanced treatment concepts include the application of highly concentrated active agents, which are administered exactly dosed. Medications like anesthetics, cytostatica, antibiotica, narcoleptics and immuno-suppressants can – together with daily demands on the system – permanently damage three-way faucets. Even lipids and the alcoholic disinfection of connections can cause fissures. Air-embolisms, leaking of blood or medications are possible results. A serious threat to patients and users which, up to now, required full attention and continuous monitoring of the system. Meet this problem with Discofix C – the medication- and fissure-resistant three-way faucet. no compromises in the area of safety.
- transparent, pressure-tested housing to 4 bar
- for 2 infusions/transfusions, simultaneously or immediately following each other
- reliable connections, even with long-term use
- Leaking, contamination and air-embolisms are prevented
- infusions and aspirations are comfortably performed
- noticeable safety when positioning the three-way faucet
ShotBlocker Injektionshilfe from Bionix
ShotBlocker – At a glace
- Instantly reduces needle pain and anxiety associated with injections
- Simple Design – One ShotBlocker per patient is all you need
- Easy to use – Just press ShotBlocker firmly over the injection site and give the injection through or near the opening
- Immediate Effect – The contact points on the underside create an immediate distracting effect. No waiting for topical anesthetics to take effect
- Versatility – Useful in intramuscular injections, subcutaneous injections and other procedures that include a painful neddle poke
- Cost Benefit – Less costly and faster than anesthetic creams or freezing sprays
ShotBlocker – The Details
ShotBlocker distracts and comforts patients of all ages receiving intramuscular or subutaneous injections to lessen the perceived pain and anxiety. ShotBlocker is an innovative, patented device that is both simple and easy-to-use.
ShotBlocker is a novel application of the gate control theory of pain management. ShotBlocker is a flexible plastic disk that has a number of blunt contact points on its underside. When pressed firmly against the patient’s skin at the injection site, ShotBlocker saturates the sensory signals distracting the patient from the pain signals caused by the needle poke.